Windows are an integral part of your house they do not only provide you with an outside view, but also give outsiders and passerby a glimpse of your lifestyle. If this view is blocked by dust and dirt then you are not only staying unaware of the nature’s beauty, but are also portraying a lazy home owner image in the neighborhood.
To make things easier for you here is a complete guide on jalousie window cleaning.
Avoid On The Spot Cleaning
The smart design of jalousie windows allows the widow panels to be removed. If you try cleaning it while its attached to the other panel, it will just transfer the dirt and gunk to the other panes. Dirt mixed with water and solution might travel to the edges and damage the aluminum mechanism.
Assess Before You Clean
Before you begin the ultimate cleaning process determine the health of your window. See if any screws are loose or glass broken. If a part is lose or out of place then it can cause damage to the window pain and yourself during the window panel detachment process. If necessary apply lubricant to the window mechanism to facilitate movement.
In order to safely remove the glass panel angel it at 45 degrees. Then gently ease them out of position and place them in a secure location.
Things Required For Proper Cleaning
- A tub or water or a water spray or shower
- Detergent preferably the dish washer kind
- 4-5 cotton rags that are clean and free of dust and fiber particles
The Cleaning Process
- Detach the glass window panels one at a time.
- Gently place them in a tub full of water and detergent solution.
- Let them soak for a while.
- Rinse each panel with the help of a shower.
- Carefully place the clean window panels on the towel, and let them dry until you wash the other panels as well.
- Once you are done with all the panels, wipe both the sides with help of a clean cotton rag and set them aside to air dry.
- Place them back in to the window sections.
Ensure that you have properly placed the glass panels; recheck all the screws and window mechanism functionality. Test the panels by angling them at different positions.
Where To Get A Classy Jalousie Window?
Well quality and quality is hard to get from a single place, but worry not Oridow provides Jalousie windows customized and adapted to your home needs. We can also provide you with an estimate of your project within 24 hours, a design that is adaptable to the material and size of your windowpanes.