Hurricane season is upon us. And while Mother Nature hasn’t given us a doozy of a storm yet, you can never be too sure when the next hurricane might strike.
It’s best if you stay prepared. Gather your food and water. And protect your home against the wind and debris by installing hurricane impact windows!
Here’s how you do it!
Installing Hurricane Impact Windows
Before we start…
If you’ve had experience with basic DIY installations, you shouldn’t have a problem installing these windows either. These fixtures do not need any special tools. All you’ll require is an extra hand to hold the window in place.
If you have an older house or hard-to-reach windows though, it might be best to call in an expert.
Before You Fit in the Windows
Make sure that the window frame is made from high quality material. Hurricane impact window frames are meant to be constructed from stronger material, like a combination of vinyl or wood and metal etc. You’ll also need stiffeners in place for added protection.
Also, if you’re adding newer window panes to an existing frame, it might be better if you change the window system altogether, including the frame. This way, you’ll be able to secure the window in the wall, according to how the manufacturer specified.
Steps to Installing Hurricane Windows
- Step#1 – Separate the existing windows from the frame
- Step#2 – Using an assembled hurricane window, dry-fit the window in to the opening in the wall. This will give you a basic structure within which you’ll be fitting in the window.
- Step#3 –Remove the unit and using an approved sealant. Apply a layer to the parameter of the window opening
- Step#4 –Gently slide the new window in place into the opening and nail in the window
- Ste#5 –For additional reinforcements, put silicone caulking around the edges of the window frame so there’s no air leakage
Buying Hurricane Resistant Windows!
Oridow is one of the most trusted names in the industry, offering a wide range of quality windows and doors to clients across the world, from Trinidad and Tobago to the Virgin Islands!
For the best hurricane impact windows in the market, contact Oridow and let us know the specifics of your home.
Call us today at 86 188 6010 6121.