Ever since its inception in the 17th century, French doors have been a popular choice for architects and anyone meaning to add openness to their home with a sheer touch of elegance. What makes them so appealing is their aesthetic attractiveness and practical functionality.
Here’s everything you need to know about French doors:
What’s a French door?
A French door refers to glass doors that have multiple window panes throughout most of its length. The windows serve the purpose of allowing air and light to enter rooms and houses. The doors were introduced in a time when electricity was not present and people needed ways to brighten their homes with natural light—so French doors became an instant solution to a problem of those times.
Inspired from architectural practices of the renaissance art, French doors are carefully designed to have perfect symmetry, geometry and regularity. The doors mainly serve decorative purposes and are not meant to guard your privacy—you can always add a curtain or blind over the door for privacy.
Did French doors always look like this?
French doors were not always the typical glass-paned doors that you see today. When they were first introduced, wood or wrought iron was mainly used in their designing. It wasn’t until the glass industry developed that glass was incorporated into the doors. The French doors now are being manufactured with many other materials—PVC and aluminum, for example.
PVC and aluminum are both lightweight and have high strengths, both properties which make them very ideal for door-making.
Advantages of French doors:
- French doors allow for beautiful views and, natural light and air to enter your home,
- The windows on the door create a sense of spaciousness, making the place look more open,
- French doors add versatility and class to your house that traditional doors can’t,
- Because they allow light and air to enter the house, you save up on electricity bills,
- They promote energy savings by letting cool or warm air inside the room,
- Space-saving deigns such as aluminum sliding doorsand louvered doors are being introduced,
- With new designs in the market, you can get doors that offer higher home security and better home insulation.
It was the sophistication and versatility of the door-design that made French doors so popular in the first place. Their popularity hasn’t gone down since because people value its rich heritage along with the many advantages and elegance that French doors bring with them.
If you’re looking to add a hint of class and elegance to your home, then you’ve got to get yourself one of these architectural beauties.
We are door manufacturers in Fuzhou, China, and can deliver new uPVC and aluminum French doors. We’ve a team of experienced professionals who’re committed to high standards of excellence in workmanship and customer service. Contact us now or you can call us at 86-591-8803-7851.